The team of engineers and physicians at STX-Med has particular expertise in the electronics used in neurostimulation (internal and external) and in the capture and analysis of bio-signals.
An electronic device excites precisely:
- Sensitive nerve cells to treat pain
- Motor neurons to obtain muscle contraction or treat muscle spasms
External anti-pain neurostimulation:
Product: CEFALY® for treatment and prevention of migraines and tension headaches.
- DFPC (Drug Free Pain Control) Back and joins pain treatment.
- CEFALYBACK Arnoldites and posterior tension headaches treatment.
Implanted anti-pain neurostimulation:
- Project: Implanted micro stimulators to treat patients suffering from very severe pain.
External motor neurostimulation:
- Prototype: Integrated system to obtain contraction of paralysed muscles.
- Product: SAFETOX® relaxes and inhibits forehead muscles in order to diminish lines and wrinkles.
- Project: MOVE 1: External integrated neurostimulator system for paralysed muscles to recover and restore legs motion of paraplegic patients.
Implanted motor neurostimulation:
- Project: MOVE 2: Micro neurostimulators injected in target zones to restore the function of paralyzed muscles. A microprocessor controls and drives the stimulators via radiofrequencies. At long term, this project should restore walk for paraplegic patients without heavy mechanical external structures.